i don't begrudge anyone a display if they want one with a display.  but
where is the SB ALONE with NO display?  the SBR isn't sold alone
anymore, right?  and certainly isn't easy to setup if its all one has.

and again, while i don't begrudge it, i don't think most people need it
[a small display on the device] or want it, esp at the price logitech
puts it at.  apple would seem to agree, and while i'm no apple fan, i
think at this point one has to bow to their market research.

this is probably because most people don't need to see whats playing to
know if they want to hear it or not, they merely listen to determine if
they should skip the track or not.

i mean, first of all the price for slim stuff is ridiculous.  lets start
there.  then consider what it costs to do up your house with that stuff,
vs alternatives, be they apple or otherwise.  then consider there is no
video.  then consider you can't connect to a TV.  then consider that the
screens on the devices, in most cases, are too small to see what they
say unless you are nearly in arms reach anyway.

again, i don't begrudge anyone their own preferences, i surely have
mine.  but if we want to see the slim paradigm survive, i think it needs
completely rethought out.