ericf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured my network to be able to listen to my music library at
> home from my office through squeezePlay.
>
> So, I have setup a remote library. But my home network has a dynamic IP
> Adress. I have configured a DynDNS to keep track of the current IP...
>
> In the SqueezePlay UI it seems only possible to enter an ip address (and
> no DNS address).
>
> My question is: Is there any workaround to configure my remote music
> library using a hostname instead of an IP address?
>
> Thank you!

Hi Eric,

The workaround (if you are using windows) is to install a "notifier"
that looks at your IP now and then and emails you if it changes. I
changed from a static ATT DSL IP to Charter in June and have found
TrueIP works well. ((If you are using linux, I would search linux ip
notifiers.))

As remote player options increase (like the fine SqueezePlayer for
android) I hope everyone will enjoy their music from somewhere else..

BANNED FOR LIFE