epoch1970 wrote:
> I often wondered about this. So you say the SBs are rarely spotted. Do
> you see many Sonos systems (in absolute terms) ?
I have four friends with Sonos and two who bought Squeezebox. Two bought
the Sonos on my recommendation (I was having a hard time with SB at the
time) and the other two after they saw the first two's systems. The two
SB owners are fellow computer geeks who bought after seeing my system,
but not on my recommendation. My only comment was "caveat emptor"! One
bought a Duet the other a Touch.

None of the Sonos owners are tech minded, all wanted easy plug and play
and two got them professionally installed. All four are very satisfied
with their systems, three have extended them, all still use them and all
are now using iPads as controllers.

The SB Touch owner bought a Naim steamer for his hi-fi (he has an
otherwise fully Naim hi-fi) and relegated the SB to his study. He never
bought another SB device after the Touch.  The Duet owner ditched the
system altogether and now uses iPod docks which fit better with his wife
and three daughters needs. The whole family all have either iPhones or
iPod touches and have independent music collections held on laptops.
Last time we went to a BBQ there he showed off his new Bluetooth "radio"
thingy which was happily playing music from the iPhone in his pocket.