Deaf Cat wrote:
> Oh!   did not think of plugging the pc into the extender / AP,   guess
> that should work…
> …
> I'm not exactly sure what the extender /AP is now, or how it works.  It
> used to be a router, but now with non standard firmware I down
> loaded…
Sounds good. I'm about sure the thing will support having more than one
machine connected to it via ethernet. You don't even need a switch. This
is clearly the best solution, IMHO.

> "You can transform your music PC into a switch, but that may be a
> hassle. And you'd need 2 network card in it. "
>
> This sounds a rather good plan to me, so it would be :
>
> extender / AP  -> music pc  -> SBT    all three connected by ethernet
> cable in a line  :-)
>
> When you say 2 network card, do you mean one card with two ports, or two
> separate network cards?
>
> I like that idea, many thanks, and any more thoughts or plan appreciated
> :-)
I shall not like for you, then. It could be complicated according to the
OS you want to use (the OS must support "bridging"). When the PC is off,
I repeat, no more network, nor Internet for the Touch. As helpless as an
SB3 without its server. So it's not friendly, in addition of being
complex and fragile.

If you decide to go the complex way, any 2 types of ethernet card would
do. Dual cards are more of a specialty item, and your computer already
has at least one wired interface. (And perhaps a wireless one that you
could use.) Check out the price of a 5-port fast (or gigabit, better)
ethernet switch before buying an ethernet card and installing it in the
PC ;)