I believe you should not go into the 2nd ethernet card project.

I don't see much difference between 2 cables out of the AP, and 2 cables
out of the router.

In case there is really a huge traffic on your network outside the music
transfer from PC to Touch (this is very unlikely), you may want to use a
switch dedicated to the PC and Touch. An inexpensive gigabit or fast
ethernet switch connected to the PC and to the Touch, and connected to
the rest of your LAN (the AP or the router), will create a direct route
from the PC to the Touch. The switch is transparent to the network, and
to the music of course. This will be in effect, a direct route.

If you get a gigabit switch (an overkill considering the data traffic
between the PC and Touch), make sure it doesn't use an active fanÂ… 5
port giga switches won't, domestic switches won't. 8 port or more,
"prosumer" gigabit switches are quite likely to include an internal fan.
Fast ethernet switches are all fanless.
About the cables, you can look for cat5e or cat6 unshielded cables.
"shielded" cables are no good, they're stiffer and can create grounding
noise via the metal foil surrounding the cables. Prefer unshielded
cables, unless there is a large electrical motor on the cable path.

Have fun.