w3wilkes wrote:
> Was that a slam on us older folks with hearing aids?

YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT, DID YOU?

> Or is it because Phonak hearing aids are one of the more geeky ones that
> users can do their own programming for if they want to? Or are you
> saying that since us older folk with hearing aids bought into Squeezebox
> we'd probably buy Phonak if Logitech bought Phonak?  ;-)

Yes. :)

I regret not buying the programmer for the Mrs.'s aid. It once got wet
and reverted to factory settings, although since it was still whistling
it must be working.

Like the UE's, this is realtime sensory modification. With a little bit
of imagination, Logitech could corner the market in mobile auditory
experience. Your Logitech Ultimate Phonaks could cut out background
noise, optimise for your surroundings, tailor your ambiance, eq to
taste, and let you hear the sound of your own voice louder than
everything else. With your LMS backend, there would be plugins available
which allowed you to selectively filter out things you didn't like, such
as politicians or management speaking...

What?