TheLastMan wrote:
> Most people with the expertise could probably command high financial
> rewards for doing that kind of work, and I doubt they would be prepared
> to put too much time in for free.

AFAICT plugins are developed by people primarily for themselves and not
for reward.  Then the plugin may be released to other users if there is
no likelihood of legal repercussion and /or developer is willing to
suppoirt users. I reckon supporting user takes way way more time than
devleopment time (and can be more frustrating).

Plugins to interface to commercial services such as Deezer could be
fraught with legal issues (e.g. possibility of copying)  and using APIs
may require legal undertakings.  I think the possibility of these issues
would deter developers.