I've built a windows version of SqueezePlay with ASIO, DirectSound,
WASAPI and WDMKS audio device support using portaudio library r1871.

It's based on the 7.8 branch Jul 17, 2012 git check in which I've
exported back to subversion as I really dislike git.

The 'SqueezePlay Windows build'
(http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/SqueezePlay-setup-7.8.0r143.exe)
has been tested with WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 32 and 64-bit using all
4 device driver types where supported.

Installation?  Just run SqueezePlay-setup-7.8.0r143.exe from the above
link.

There are several User Environment Variables used to provide the ability
to select the output device (USEPADEVICE), maximum sample rate
(USEPAMAXSAMPLERATE), audio device driver (USEPAHOSTAPI) and driver
latency (USEPALATENCY).

To obtain the list of available output devices that can be used for the
USEPADEVICE key you can download the 'latest squeezeslave for windows'
(http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeslave-1.2-379-win.zip),
extract the zip file and run squeezeslave with the -L option.  If you do
not set USEPADEVICE squeezeplay uses the default windows audio device.

'[image: http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/devices.png]'
(http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/devices.png/)

The first set of backets after the device number can be used in
USEPAHOSTAPI.  The fraction in brackets at the end of the device is the
driver latency recommended low and high values.  Squeezeplay uses the
higher value.  If you set the latency too low SqueezePlay will "stutter"
during playback or even stop working altogether.  It's very rare that
the default would need to be changed.  The device name in the middle can
be used to set USEPADEVICE. Note that for the 'Windows WDM-KS' device
the device name would be 'Speakers (Realtek HD Audio output)' *Do not
add any quotes around the names.*

If you have more than one sound card with the same description you can
narrow the search to a specific audio device type by setting
USEPAHOSTAPI.

IF SQUEEZEPLAY WILL NOT CONNECT TO LMS YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE THE
USEPADEVICE AND/OR USEPAHOSTAPI ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES SET INCORRECTLY.

The default maximum sample rate used by this SqueezePlay release is
48000. You can increase the default by setting USEPAMAXSAMPLERATE. If
you set the value higher than your hardware supports SqueezePlay may
crash.  Any value higher than 192000 is reset to 192000.

I've tested 96000 and 192000. Setting a sample rate higher than 96000
requires using a current nightly LMS 7.8.0 build.

'[image: http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/environment.png]'
(http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/environment.png)