toby10 wrote:
> I'm not understanding the reasoning for buying a player with built in
> speakers (Boom) to feed separate speakers in the ceiling.

Sorry I don't know a whole lot about whole house audio, I just thought
instead of buying 5 big amps + 5 squeezebox devices, just get 5 booms
that would eliminate the need for a separate amp. Just not sure if I can
tie the line out to speakers, so that it would be loud enough.....or
crisp enough to get background music and maybe a little louder music to
each of the zones. They would all play different music or be capable of
that hence needing 5 booms.