benybrady wrote:
> Are you worried about the discontinued service down the road. I have a
> new house build and am debating to go the squeezebox route which I
> absolutely love or go the sonos route which I hear is seamless.

No, I just purchased a second Touch as a spare and also have a second
Duet boxed as a spare. Over the years I have used and continue to
useseveral orphaned hifi devices: 3 Carver power amps, 3 Soundstream
preamps & a tuner, 6 Philips CD players, a David Hafler preamp and 6
Nakamichi cassette decks. Granted they are electronic devices not
subject to the need to have a server in the cloud or updated software
subject to the whims of Apple or Microsoft, but I've stopped waiting in
line for the latest computer operating system roll out.

My decision to stay with the Squeezebox system is based on the quality
audio performance that could seemingly be bettered at this time at about
3 times the price. I considered Sonos but the quality edge still goes to
Squeezebox (I compared Stereophile test results)

Most critical listening is of FLAC files with podcasts being #2.
Slacker radio is a distant 3rd to discover new music artists ( which
leads to CD purchases to rip to flac.