I've always though the Slimdevices buy-out was the scheme of a Logitech
VP who was then let-go, so there was no-one to fight the cause. After
the Google TV epic fail, I expect 'streaming' was the kiss of death to
careers in Logitech.

Logitech completely threw away everything they had. Loyal customers,
growing recognition outside computer geeks (i.e. Stereophile cover) and
the growing market for computer audio. Even if the core was niche, they
could have developed the mass market from that base with a win32 binary
of LMS etc.

Sonos must be amazed that their main competitor self-destructed