Triode wrote:
> Unfortunately that method doesn't work with my dac - setting
> "dwc_otg.speed=1" means it can't connect.  For those dacs using less of
> the usb bus its probably a good step, but I'm hoping they can fully
> resolve the packet loss issue as without doing so its not really
> appropriate for hifi dacs (my target)

Yes - the Pi -should- be a really good solution.  Currently, I'm using
HDMI output using the onboard sound card, and it doesn't have any of the
poor sound quality issues of the onboard dac, but does seem to be
limited to 48K max output.  As Triode says, USB Dacs do seem to have
some basic packet loss issues at the moment - hopefully they'll fix
them.