I currently use a customized version of Softsqueeze; which integrates
perfectly in my SageTV Media Center software.  So, I basically have
universal radio, digital cable TV DVR, bluray which are all integrated
into one Server->client system.  So, instead of having 4-5 different
set-top-boxes sitting in each room, I just have a tiny extender box to
take their place in each room.

I'm curious if there are any new server->extender based "Media Center"
technologies which can integrate (universal radio and music playback
-squeezebox-replacement-), cableTV (including premium TV channels),
bluray movies (ripped or from BD disc itself on the server), etc.  I'm
just trying to avoid having a big mess of unlike devices sitting in each
room.  Going back to doing that would be a big step backwards for me.