bigbossman wrote:
> I've been playing with this for a bit - Antipodes Audio high end vortex
> box-based server. This has 2tb onboard and can rip to FLAC using its
> built in blu-ray drive. It sounds excellent and although not
> inexpensive, I'm considering it as a Touch replacement. It'll also get
> me away from the usual iTunes BS.
> http://www.antipodesaudio.com/digital_sources.html

Bizare product , 10x the usual price for a vortexbox server ?? And only
USB output , for that price spdiff toslink and a high quality DAC should
be included ? Aha now I see they sell an USB DAC too ,but why no spdiff
out ?
And they still don't get it who,wants the server in the hifi rack ? No
player only devices ?

No I'll pass , to silly for me an overpriced vb server :)  you can get
an even more overpriced version with linear PSU for the computer ?
It can be used as squeezebox server ,but then again overpriced because
the server does not influence soundqality in a squeezebox system so a
waste of $ for that purpose

I'm more for a centralised server and distributed players solution