Mnyb wrote:
> Cant it just be a run once script that installs LAME or MAD or (insert
> decoder ) at the first convenient possibility . The it is at least
> technically the end user who is doing it .
>
> Edit:_ maybe some charade is needed like a tic box "install third party
> decoders for better file compatibility " so that end user act's
> proactivly .
This is the way to get rid of those mp3 license issues.
Every large Linux distribution works the same way.
But you need someone to provide the Lame build and preferrably this
build is not being done by someone directly connected to this project.
And if the first real product coming from this is after 2017 we don't
have to worry about those mp3 licenses anyway...