SlimChances wrote:
> Well the Android link I posted was for a new phone so I would think the
> software is relatively up to date. However it is beginning to seem a bit
> too complicated so I will probably stick with a traditional remote. I
> have a couple of Harmony remotes that I programmed for the Squeezebox so
> these will do fine. While the thought of a colour display for album art
> is attractive I would not be willing to spend yet more money for Apps
> that  allow communication between the phone and the player. As I said I
> have never owned a cell phone and perhaps never will.

Yeah, you'd think it'd be up to date, but it's not.  The one you linked
to is running Android 2.3 -- 4.2 is the current version of Android and
is a world away from 2.3.  The Qualcomm you linked will almost certainly
never see an official update beyond 2.3 and even if you were to hack it
to a newer version it would likely be a bumpy road.