Julf wrote:
> … enhances the terroir …
LOL
> I worry that the "cheap" injection solution could cause people to fry
> their network equipment when they get something connected to the wrong
> plug…
Well, we can key the "energized" ethernet and DC in plugs with a bright
color (the POE adapter shown above is quite not foolproof.) Other than
that I don't know. A non-standard ethernet plug (and cable) would cost a
fortune and a lot of people would hate me when they realize they can't
use a standard ethernet cable.

Also, I am under the impression the thing would get more complicated if
we want to offer gigabit speed. I strongly recommend we'd have VLAN
capability, but have no idea if operating at 1000Mbps is needed in some
configurations.