aubuti wrote:
> Agreed. I think the main advantage the typical 1 or 2 drive
> consumer-grade NAS has over a smallish pc is convenience of setup.
I think it is a lot more than that. A NAS is designed to be a NAS from
the ground up. It provides things like advanced power management, easy
backup features, fast and easy storage expansion features, etc.
aubuti wrote:

> Before getting a NAS to run LMS I would also give some thought to how
> much support the vendor will provide in coming years to an orphaned
> product (SBs). What if the manufacturer drops LMS from future firmware
> upgrades, but those upgrades include some must-haves for other NAS
> functions?
It is actually the other way around. Logitech dropped Squeezebox and its
support will stop somewhere in the future. LMS will still be available
for the supported platforms.