downtime wrote:
> Thanks maggior and Pascal. I have tried it without the wifi card with no
> luck - the S/PDIF light still glows red but no boot up. I bought this SB
> new in the summer of 2007, so it's seen some use, but never been opened
> before.
>
> Below is a photo of the other side of the card. The blue capacitor (is
> that the word?) is soldered to the white spot on the other side and the
> board with input/output ports, etc. is soldered to the line of points
> with the smear.
>
> If it needs to be serviced, do you have any idea where I can send it?
>
> Thanks again for your help.

I don't think that the blue capacitor is original. Did you buy it
on-line from Logitech?
Anyway, your best bet is to find someone with the skills to service a
Squeezebox. Maybe you can ask some Hifi dealer who has its own service
department. The schematics of the SB3 can be found somewhere on this
forum in an old post from Sean, former Slimdevices owner, I believe.