ModelCitizen wrote:
> Well I never! The thing sounds great (punchy sound with lots of stereo
> separation) and is considerably louder than the 50watt rms convention
> Yamaha amp I had used previously.
>
> I've never been one to subscribe to amps making a huge difference to
> sound quality. But, (as with class a valve amps) this one did make a
> noticeable difference.

It can actually be the distortion that makes it be perceived as louder
and that it would work as natural compressor ( have your own loudness
war ) .

Many people actually likes the sound of class d amps ,but I thinks it s
due to the fact that they have an audible sonic signature and given the
specs it will be heard all the time , so I'm not surprised that these
amps makes a difference .
Output impedance is usually a bit high to so bass can be a bit fatter (
really less control poor impulse response ) and sometimes treble
anomalies ( very speaker dependent it could roll of or peak ).

I'm just a bit sceptical as usual , no offence and given the price there
really is nothing to argue about . I have not dissected my cheaper
powered speakers but I'll gues I'll actually enjoy similar amps inside
them.