results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=98200
Question: What should we call this new device?

- Open Music Box
- Melodia
- Phoenix
- Harmonic
- None of the above

JohnSwenson wrote:
> I've started working on the board files so I had to come up with a name,
> after going through all these threads the only ones that I liked were
> SWAMP and Phoenix, given that Phoenix is a fairly popular name, SWAMP it
> is! The board I'm designing now is the SWAMP05.
>
> Remember this is just the codename for the internal development (just
> like fab4 was the codename and Squeezebox Touch was the marketing name)
>
> John S.

I always wondered what marketing people did, now I know they are there
to prevent the products being called SWAMP. Are we to be referred to as
swamp people ?

Think the paucity of good names shows what happens when things are
decided by committee.

If it needs to have SW in the name and you like phoenix then why not
SWENIX05, SWAMP05 is just so well, moist and it's a place rather than a
thing.