For Phase one we need some developers and some users. We need people who
do NOT think like developers to actually use it day in day out, in
various different ways and report on how it's doing. Bring up issues,
offer suggestions for improvements etc.

The prime requirement for someone is a willingness to proceed with using
it even though you know it may not be perfect and some problems may
occur, AND be willing to work with the developers to find the issues and
fix them.

Developers have a certain way of thinking, and will subconsciously not
use a product in some ways, because they know it might cause a problem,
we need people that DON'T think that way to uncover the problems!

What I don't want for phase one is someone that just wants something to
work and will get mad if it isn't perfect.

The way things are looking right now is that this is going to use the
dual core wandboard module, so If you want to buy a wandboard now, get
the dual core. I'm going to try and fit it in a commercial case that is
an aluminum extrusion, the board fits in slots in the case and end
plates are screwed on. All connectors except the wifi antenna will be on
the board and will stick out through holes in the back plate. The wifi
antenna will be the one that is available for the wandboard, it screwes
into the back panel and has a "pigtail" that plugs into the jack on the
board. I'm thinking of making the end panels out of PC boards, the board
house can do all the hole cutting etc and we can male it look pretty
nice.

The one thing I'm not sure about right now is the power supply. It runs
off 5V, but we need to decide on the connector to use. There are two
different connector sizes in common use for 5V, the SBT uses one and the
wandboard uses the other. Many places that sell wandboard do not sell it
with a power supply, so that may mean I don't necessarily need to stick
to the one used by wandboard. I'm not sure which connector to put on
Gen1, If I use the one used by wandboard then people can just use the
one they have for the wandboard, but if I use the other they can use an
existing supply thedy already have that works for the SBT.

I've been looking a little for a good supply to recommend for this
project and haven't found one I like yet. The one I really like is not
sealed, it has a perforated metal casing and and screw terminals, not an
IEC jack etc.

Two things I'm looking for in a supply are low noise sent to the device
(on the DC) and low noise sent back down the mains. This CAN be done
with either a switcher or a linear supply, but most incarnations of
either are not that great. The supplies that come with the SBT are not
too bad, but you can do better. I'm still very much up in the air on
this whole subject.

John S.