Hi Pippin, thank you for all your effort in ickStream.  My home is all
SageTV Media Center based.  I have a tiny extender box connected to a TV
and speakers in each room (no other devices needed).  My extenders can
handle full digital cableTV DVR functionality, Bluray discs or ISOs,
MKVs, etc).

All my extender also have SB client support (based on Softsqueeze.jar).
I'm guessing as long as Squeezebox Classic is supported, all my
Softsqueeze based players will also continue to work just fine.  I'm
willing to donate generously for the ickStream project.  Good luck; and,
hope to hear some good news soon!