itm wrote:
> I'm playing mp3s of various qualities - usually around 192k. The buffer
> numbers in Squeezeplayer fluctuate between 97% and 99% - is that
> normal/good?
> There are a few access points around - could this be caused by channel
> interference?

97%- 99% -> this is normal operation.
Could you please watch those numbers until a dropout happens?

What happens, when you keep the display on, do the dropouts disappear?

There are some nasty devices, which shut down the WiFi when the screen
is off, to safe even more battery power. Android does have means to
actually prevent this
(http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.html#WIFI_MODE_FULL_HIGH_PERF)
- but some devices don't adhere to this setting.

On older Android devices this setting does not exist and SqueezePlayer
kept the screen on, when something was playing, to circumvent WiFi
shutting down.
On newer devices like your S3 I'm setting the WiFi-High-Performance
Flag, but allow the screen to go off.

I can send you a version that keeps the screen on also on the S3. Please
contact me under  support(at)squeezeplayer.com.