adamdea wrote:
> I've been following this thread with interest. has the activity moved
> somewhere else or is the project having a pause?

The design of CSP1 uses a bunch of chips I have not  used before so I
decided to make test boards for them before going with a final design of
CSP1. In  the last two months I have done 7 test boards that cover all
these parts. I now know how to use these parts, how to actually  make
them work. Several of them had issues at first because the spec sheets
were unclear how to actually make them work. It's one of those things
that now that I know what they do I can see that the spec sheets
actually do say that, but it was very unclear or downright misleading
with the original reading.

The swamp boards have had some problems so I hadn't sent one to Clive to
start on the custom driver work. With these test chips out of  the way I
finally had some time to do some debugging. I now have them working
well. It turned out that  massive surface  mount connector is almost
impossible to solder by hand. Originally I didn't think it was going to
be that bad. It took a long time to get those two connectors fully
soldered. I am VERY glad that the real thing  is going to be assembled
by a professions assembly house, I'll let THEM try and figure out  how
to solder this thing!

Anyway I just shipped one off to Clive so hopefully we can start getting
some work done on the custom drivers.

John S.