JohnSwenson wrote:
> I've been doing some initial work on the CSP1 layout and it looks like
> there is going to be a little bit of spare area so I'm going to put some
> internal connectors on the board. I've decided to use a 7 port USB hub
> chip, there will be 4 ports on the back and 3 internal ports. Two  of
> the ports on the back will be full  size type A ports and the other two
> will be small ones. The internal ports will be small as well. So which
> do I use, mini or micro ports? They both  use about the  same board
> space so I can go either way.
>
> I'm also considering putting things like SPI, I2C, LVDS display and the
> paralel LCD interface on connectors. The problem is what connector to
> use. Most DIY types like to use the .1" dual row sockets, but they take
> up a LOT of room, I don't have that much room. My favorite is the .5mm
> FFC  cable connectors, they are small, reliable, cheap and come in large
> numbers of pins. BUT that pretty much means a custom board on the other
> side to mate with the cable. I could do a simple adapter board which I
> could  make available to those that  wanted to tinker. (price would be
> somewhere between $50 and $15 depending on how many are made)
>
> Any thoughts on these?

John,
With the Quad Wandboards out now with SATA support, have you considered
adding SATA to your carrier board?  And if so, what do you think about
including a power connector for a SATA drive to make powering an
internal drive very clean and easy to hookup for simpletons like myself.
I would love to be able to place a 2.5in SATA drive in an enclosure
with your carrier board and a Quad WB.

It is very exciting to follow your progress and can't say thanks enough
for all the time and effort you have put into this project.  And thanks
to Clive and Adrian also.  It was a breeze to setup and get my WB
working.

Thanks!
--mike