mweb wrote:

> I'm not thinking of a pool, but independent inputs where the server just
> allows the user to pick the source.  I'd pick streaming device 1, the
> kids would pick streaming device 2.  A device associated with each
> account so I can't see how any terms of service could be violated.  It
> wouldn't be much different than hooking up two streaming devices to an
> AV receiver with mutli zone capability.

When I'm thinking about how we could introduce a family concept in
ickStream it would more or less match what you are describing and since
each account is associated with one device or set of devices at the
time, it won't violate any terms. However, as previously mentioned, we
haven't got to the analysis of this kind of functionality yet.

mweb wrote:

> I'd like to move towards something similar to the attached block
> diagram, I think.

Do you expect the analogue routing block and the speaker routing block
to also be controlled by iPeng (or similar) or would that be something
controlled separately ?

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.