> Do you expect the analogue routing block and the speaker routing block
> to also be controlled by iPeng (or similar) or would that be something
> controlled separately ?

I don't know how to do this and am open to any suggestions.  I think
there should be an ipeng player for each zone.  I can do the
hardware/firmware for the analog and speaker routing blocks.  I guess
ideally, I'd build something that receives status and commands from the
music server/ipeng that would take care of the control.  Maybe
integrated into the analog routing block.  I could do the hardware and
firmware for control, but I'm not sure how I'd implement the interface
to the music server in firmware.  I've got a squeeze server plugin for
homeseer (home automation software) that might get me there, but it's
not really what I want.  I'd prefer something standalone.