swayzak wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Is the audio quality (analogue) significantly better than Duet ?
>
> I guess my other concern is spending £200 on hardware that relies on
> discontinued software. If my Win XP/7  computers die then I may not be
> able to use hardware anymore..

significantly better? No, not in my experience (although I did replace
my duet receiver with the TOUCH in my system).  Only hardware is
discontinued. Software is open source and can be used "forever" on all
sorts of systems (win, mac, linux). Even if windows and OS move forward
and won't run, you can create a virtual machine in some future windows
computer and run a flavor of linux in that.  And besides, we're not
really talking about using this stuff for 20 years. just another few (3,
5, 8?) until something totally improved comes along (just as every other
technology I've had for the last 50 years!). Obviously, my answer is
probably to buy, as I purchased 3 Touch units as spares just in case
even though the likelihood is I'll never use any of them.

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify