swayzak wrote:

> I guess my other concern is spending £200 on hardware that relies on
> discontinued software. If my Win XP/7  computers die then I may not be
> able to use hardware anymore..
If you like the Squeezebox hardware and software, get one and worry
about the future when it becomes a problem, currently it isn't a problem
and I believe LMS works on Windows 8 (unless I've missed something).

Thanks to third party developers in the community I'm sure the
Squeezebox is going to continue to work a long time after Logitech have
completely abandoned it and at the moment Logitech is still maintaining
the software and services related to the Squeezebox. From an outside
perspective, it even looks like they are maintaining Squeezebox software
better than the UE Smart Radio software (which are related to hardware
products they still sell).

I got a spare Touch fairly soon after Logitech announced that they would
stop selling it, mainly because I love it and wanted to ensure I have a
backup in case the main one breaks.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.