Ikabob wrote:
> I totally agree with you. A new Touch and Boom is definitely needed. I
> love my Squeezebox ecosystem and would like to recommend it to my
> friends, but there is no longer any SB device that I can recommend. A UE
> Radio that is reset to Squeezebox software is nice, but not for a
> complete stereo SB system.
>
> I really think that Logitech is "missing the boat" on this. The UE could
> readily be used by those who would like the simplicity of a basic
> listening system. The "downgraded" SB device could be available for the
> sophisticated audiophile who is willing to accept the learning curve to
> get the complex versatile  functionality of the Squeezebox products.
>
> A new Touch and new Boom would be very nice. Any chance?

We ARE working on it! See the Community Squeeze project
(www.communitysqueeze.org). We hope to have our first player in beta
test this year. The software can already be used with a Wandboard if you
wish to hook up to a USB DAC or HDMI. Our first player is going to be a
headless "receiver" type unit so we can get something out there as soon
as possible. Other incarnations will be coming out later.

John S.