I haven't had enough time (or possibly intelligence!) to read right
through this thread but the concept of such a project is exciting, and
in my mind, very desirable. I am not a tech geek but have spent more
than 40 years trying out just about every new music device that has been
there to try. At this point I am voting my recently acquired Squeezebox
Touches to be the best I have found yet. There has to be a progression,
most likely with video streaming via HDMI (for now) but any I have tried
are almost crap. Audio only, or with video, I would love to see this
project be successful. How much would I need to get in on it at a user
level?

I have picked up a lot of the background from this thread but am
wondering if anyone is keeping a "role call" on ideas, and documenting
the progress so far?

Cheers, David