garym wrote:
> 1. I'd start with examining all the local wifi networks and their
> channels.  I use "inSSIDer" on my windows laptop. There are other free
> programs as well. Run this and you'll see nearby networks and the
> channels they are on. Try to use a "low use" channel, and best to use 1,
> 6, or 11 if possible as these don't overlap with nearby channels.
>
> http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
>
> 2. make sure the router is using a fixed wifi channel (and that some
> update has not switched it to "automatic" for channel selection.  If
> outside the US, don't use > 11, even if available.
>
> 3. I assume you are synching the players. I'd do some testing without
> the players synched. Some of the buffering I've had in the past related
> to my RADIO (which was synched to the Transporter). The Radio was
> struggling a bit with its wifi connection and causing the buffering (on
> both the radio and transporter).
>
> p.s. I occasionally get buffering on some streaming internet radio
> stations. Not more than maybe once every 3 or 4 hours typically.  And
> I've had this on the same station (WNYC-AM) at two different locations
> (different internet providers, different equipment, etc.), so I'm
> assuming this is more at the provider end vs my end.

More info:

1.  I'm not attempting sync of players at all.
2.  This AM when NPR was rebuffering frequently on the Boom in my office
downstairs from the router, I switched to using Squeezeplay on my
desktop computer which is wired by ethernet cable to my network: no
rebuffering whatsoever.

I'll try the Wi-Fi sleuthing software later today and report back.

Thanks.

http://zzzone.net
http://have-a-nice-day.org
http://www.last.fm/user/zzzoneDOTnet
http://somethingsomethingsomething.net

dBpoweramp
Cisco E4200
SBS 7.8 - i5 laptop - Win 7 64bit
3 Booms, 2 Radio, 1 Touch, 1 iPod Touch w/digital dock
2 controllers, various tablets/phones
Various apps including iPeng, Logitech Android, etc.
'Library' (http://zzzone.net/photo/2009/music1.jpg): 199,000+ FLAC/MP3
files - 2TB external HD x 4
Onkyo TX-NR818, KEF Q300/Q200/iQ30, Outlaw LFM-1 Plus