It makes me a little sad, well very sad actually, but its time for me to
move on and my Squeezeboxes have been sold.

Really I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the developers past and
present, the third party plugin creators, and the community as a whole.
Squeezebox changed my life in many ways, certainly the way I enjoyed
music. I personally think the Squeezebox 3/Classic is one of the best
consumer electronic devices ever made and remains a beautifully
aesthetically designed item even now. I have had some great times and a
lot of fun, especially during the beta testing of the Touch, Duet, which
I was very lucky to have been a part of.

It still remains a great system and I know the community will keep
things going forward. But it's not for me anymore. It always an
enthusiast device in a lot of ways, and with official support to come to
an end it's going to be even more niche. I just don't have the time to
tech support myself and constantly tweak things to keep it running now.
Last straw was an irate wife called me at work to try and get the a
touch working again.

It's just not for me anymore. I have less time to listen to much these
days, don't have an 'audiophile' system, and when I do use it needs to
just work. So in the meantime I'm going down the Apple route (I know,
know, but it's cheap and reliable) until the day I have more time and
money.

I always said that the Squeezebox was in general the best home audio
system available but it's not for everyone. I still stand by that, it's
just that I'm now in the 'not for everyone' category.

Things might have been different if logitech had not mismanaged and
ruined things so badly, but many thanks again to everyone who has helped
enrich me my music life so much over the last 8 years. It been an blast
:)

Cheers, auto.

*lounge:* squeezebox 3, squeezebox controller, cambridge audio 640a,
mission 701's *kitchen:* squeezebox touch, trends ta-10.1, kef cresta
1's. *bedroom:* squeezebox boom *bathroom/garden:* squeezebox radio
*car:* ipod classic 80gb *portable:* iphone 3gs 32gb (+ipeng)