Hi,

Firstly let me say that when I bought into the Logitech product I did
not exactly know what I was letting myself in for.  However, I wanted my
cd library of approx. 3000 cds to be playable from either my house or
work.  I work next door so it's all on one ethernet system with one
router.  Music files are stored on a Firewire 800 4 terabyte drive (not
a great idea I know) and they are all in .aiff format.  On the drive
they are stored in a music folder which is divided into 26 subfolders
named A, B, C etc... with each artist is the folder by last name (ie.
Jeff Beck is in folder B).  An older Mac Mini is the computer.

The problem with this system is that it is painfully slow to load up an
album, no matter whether I use Search, or go into My Music and go to the
folder I want (lets say B as I'm looking for Jeff Beck).  Now I have
since realised that the 4TB drive is a bad idea as it goes into sleep
mode and is slow to wake.  But even when it's awake, there's still an
awful long wait before seeing what's in a folder.  My question is - do I
really need to be connected to the LMS at all?  I don't feel I need the
capability to play music from some other location over the internet. My
understanding of LMS is that it keeps a log of your music so you can
play it from remote locations.  Am I correct in this?

I'd really love to get this system working properly as I love the sound
from the Touch.  If accessing LMS is slowing down that process I would
like to avoid it.

Thanks for any advise received.