If you look at the firmware download site
(http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.8.0/) you'll see that
the firmware for the Radio (baby) is supposedly unchanged since 7.7.2.

On the other hand, the Touch (fab4) does appear to have new firmware to
go with LMS 7.8.0 (r16739). But I notice that my Touch is still
reporting that it has 7.7.2 r9663 and claims that it's the latest, even
though I downloaded the deb package from the nightly download site
(http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.8) just about a week
ago.

So it seems that there may be an issue with the packaging of the Touch
firmware in 7.8, and not limited to the debian repo.