I think Mnyb assumes with 'music folder' you are browsing your music by
using the 'music folder' item in LMS or the players. But I guess you
mean the folders in the LMS settings, right?

But I don't understand why you point your music folder to the playlists
and the playlist folder to your music.

Anyway, it seems that LMS doesn't follow Windows shortcuts to folders
during the scan.

But you can create symbolic links to files or folders that are handled
by the file system and thus are transparent to applications. E.g. open a
command line window as admin (type 'cmd' (w/o quotes) in the start menu,
right-click 'cmd.exe' and select 'run as administrator') and enter, for
example, mklink /d "d:\my playlists\A-L" "d:\my files\my folders for
A-L". The first folder path you specify after mklink /d will be created
as a symbolic link to the existing folder you've provided as the 2nd
path.