M7CC wrote:
> reinholdk,
>
> I'm talking about the player (and server) menu under "Music Library"
> (which contains folders for Artist, Album, Playlist etc etc, and Music
> Folder).  Until now I was able to user Music Folder but now I get the
> "cannot request" error I mentioned above.  I am only partial to Music
> Folder because it retains whatever folder structure I want.  The
> Playlist folder only lists the contents of a single folder.  Assuming
> the shortcuts did work -- I would still want to keep them broken out by
> folder.  I guess I'm a weirdo -- but this seems perfectly logical to me
> (maybe not the means, but the end does anyway).  :o
>
> In any case I was not aware of this symbolic link thing and will give it
> a try and report back.  Fingers crossed... If anyone else is able to
> pull off what I'm trying to do please chime in.
>
> Thanks all...

Have you actually tried to set up the actual playlist folder as playlist
folder NOT as music folder to see if all playlists apear under playlists
? and the music folder as a music folder ?

I would also consider experimenting with scanning only the  playlist
folder , if we want to tinker with unorthodox ways of using this
software .

The files themself ? Are they reasonably tagged ? This is essential for
a usable experience with LMS .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4