aubuti wrote:
> In an earlier post you said that the most problematic station (WGUC)
> "...streams at a very fast bitrate when compared to other stations in
> the playlist...."  I take you mean it streams at a _high_ bitrate? If
> so, the constraint is more likely your ISP or the station itself, and
> not your router. It can't hurt anything to try changing router channels,
> but it may not help.
>
> Does that station have a lower bitrate channel you could try? The lower
> bitrate may be lower fidelity, but if the high bitrate is regularly
> cutting out then the low bitrate may be more tolerable in the long run.

Yes, the WGUC station is a high (192) bitrate and this is the reason I
like it a lot. It doesn't seem to have a lower bitrate stream.
I'll see what happens with this new router channel. Right now (3:45pm)
it has been fine. The problem seems to begin at about 7:00pm.
Thanks for you input.

Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE
Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various
additional speakers).
Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
Sirius.com;CalmRadio
Ipeng remote controller.