lrossouw wrote:
> Using UPnP like you suggest you lose a lot of features.  Including sync,
> etc.  Lot of upnp players are also fairly difficult with different
> formats etc.
>
> I would suggest the best solutions is probably getting a WandBoard and
> install the Community Squeese OS on it (if you can download it).  Or
> install some form of linux and squeezelite on it.  That way you get
> something as close as possible to a touch less a screen.  If you have a
> TV nearby you could probably add a now playing screen / browser / etc.
>

> You can then pass digital to the DAC of your choice from the wandboard.
>

> I have not tried this myself.  I am actually waiting for a wandboard
> package to be delivered.  I chose it for other things but as it seemed
> that lots of people are using it to replace squeezeboxes I thought that
> it would be good device for this reason also once my SBs die.

You can achieve the same with pretty much any low-cost arm device, eg.
Raspberry Pi, Odroid U3 - both of which have Truehl's squeezeplug
installer available.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker