I'm really pleased to read John's latest post, about a company and
things moving forward. I really do hope that John and Adrian get a
"product" released and wish them well.

I'm probably about a week (or two at most) from showing my hand, which
is why I have been so quiet for the last couple of months. There will be
a commercial product, but there will also be DIY version for people who
want to source their own parts and install the software themselves.

It's not based on the Wandboard, BeagleBone or Cubietruck.... Triode
seems to have all those covered with what he has been doing with his
Squeeze on Arch, and I'm trying to avoid stepping on any toes.....

Unlike what happened with CS, things have been done right from the
get-go, company set-up, trade marks applied for, to put things on a
proper footing from day one. While I suspect that some people will have
an issue with it being a commercial venture, I would like to be clear
that to be able to offer any sort of DIY type product, it has to be
funded somehow. I paid a small fortune, (out of my own pocket), for
things like web hosting and legal advice for CS. I can't do that again,
so somehow the money for those sort of things has to come from
somewhere. Offering a "finished product" for the non-geeky, non-DIY'ers,
was the only way to go, to be able to offer a "community" version at a
"sensible" price.

So, far from being dead, the idea of there being a replacement for the
"Squeezebox", it's still alive and kicking...... And from an end-user
perspective, it would be great to have a choice, about which hardware to
go with, rather than there only being a single choice.....

PS. I won't be answering any questions, until the "product" is launched.
Prefer to let the end-user do the talking, once they have the device in
their hands. The first "production" unit is being shipped to a beta
tester, (hi Pascal), early next week. The beta testers don't know
exactly what they are getting and won't be able to talk about it until
the company website goes live. May all sound a little "cloak and
dagger", but I cannot risk the product being copied and for someone else
to start marketing it, before our web site and online shop are live.