mitrih wrote:
> I got few examples, the first two open up with ffplay but not with
> ffmpeg. The third one will only open up with VLC. This is getting more
> difficult. These days I got to admit that I am using mostly Wavein.
> http://stream.lebanese-forces.com/live/RLL/playlist.m3u8
> http://mobilestreaming.itworkscdn.com/radioorient/radioorient/playlist.m3u8
> http://stream.radiotime.com/listen.m3u?streamId=35645745&rti=dihyG20zN0AUUgN3QBVQGE42R1tZGh0ySRFSQFFRJg9AERFxZFFfDAQGdHUQRl9gWwcVWwQTRGwQTAB1HxwNEgdGX3RqGAVCBUwFVVtUYQY%3d~~~
>
> on the first two, I was able to get the rtsp equivalent and I am using
> XPLAY and that is working now. The third one I gave up.
Whoever is creating these streams need to get to a basic internet
education.   These streams seems to be DIY stream using some sort of
Apple server but the user has chosen live video H.264/MPEG streaming
technology to transmit low grade audio the first two stream are
ulitmatley http mono mp3 22kHz 32kpbs and 48kbps (e.g.
http://stream.lebanese-forces.com:80/live/RLL/media_19201.mp3 ,
http://mobilestreaming.itworkscdn.com/radioorient/radioorient/media_w141482671_623.mp3
)    . The 3rd stream is even weirder  but again seem to be abusing
formats.  Allthese stream only need a simple http playlist but someone
is choosing to set up the servers with unnecessary options.

In all 3 cases there are multiple layers of playlist ending up with
standard http MP3 or AAC streams. The playlist have assigned mime and
extension which often mislead rather than help and so often have to be
ignored.

All 3 stream can be played with VLC 2.1.3 and since VLC output can be
"piped" into LMS - I suggest using VLC for future work.