bpa wrote:
> Whoever is creating these streams need to get to a basic internet
> education.   These streams seems to be DIY stream using some sort of
> Apple server but the user has chosen live video H.264/MPEG streaming
> technology to transmit low grade audio the first two stream are
> ulitmatley http mono mp3 22kHz 32kpbs and 48kbps (e.g.
> http://stream.lebanese-forces.com:80/live/RLL/media_19201.mp3 ,
> http://mobilestreaming.itworkscdn.com/radioorient/radioorient/media_w141482671_623.mp3
> )    . The 3rd stream is even weirder  but again seem to be abusing
> formats.  Allthese stream only need a simple http playlist but someone
> is choosing to set up the servers with unnecessary options.
>
> In all 3 cases there are multiple layers of playlist ending up with
> standard http MP3 or AAC streams. The playlist have assigned mime and
> extension which often mislead rather than help and so often have to be
> ignored.
>
> All 3 stream can be played with VLC 2.1.3 and since VLC output can be
> "piped" into LMS - I suggest using VLC for future work.

Thanks for the tip on VLC I was using an older version of VLC, seems
2.1.3 is better. I was able to play the first and third stream with it,
but not second, it still gives an error.
If you have done the work already do you mind send me the mods to Xplay
to use VLC (instead of mplayer)... This way I can make XplayM and XplayV
plugins depending what plays the stream.
As I mentioned I got a cross to the second stream that plays with
mplayer for now.