bpa wrote:
> This is a nightmare setup between the HLS streams, Windows and VLC bugs
> complicated by you SB player.  I have wasted too much time on this and
> have to had to setup a window system to verify what is going on.  Please
> email the broadcasters and then tell to use normal streams formats -
> they will get far more listeners and not just iPhone users and probably
> save network charges.
>
> Firmware 40 means you have a SB1 - it can only play MP3 and PCM/AIFF. No
> Flac or WAV formats.
>
> VLC has a transcode bug where it does not convert a single channel
> stream into 2 identical channels even when it is requested. Normally
> this wouldn't matter (which is why is it a very old bug) but 2 of your
> streams are single channel.

Thanks soooooo much for the wonderful work! Turns out that SB1 supports
WAV instead of PCM, all I had to do is change those two words and the
script worked... Just for the forum here this is what the final one
looked like. Pretty smart to use sox...

Code:
--------------------

  xplay flc * *
        # F:{PATH=%f}R:{PATH=%F}
        [vlc] -I dummy --dummy-quiet $PATH$
:sout=#transcode{acodec=flac,channels=2,ab=128,samplerate=44100}:standard{access=file,mux=dummy,dst=-}
  xplay wav * *
        # F:{PATH=%f}R:{PATH=%F}
        [vlc] -I dummy --dummy-quiet $PATH$
:sout=#transcode{acodec=flac,channels=2,ab=128,samplerate=44100}:standard{access=file,mux=dummy,dst=-}
 | [sox] -q -t flac - -c 2 -t s2  -

--------------------

Regarding the VLC MP3 transcoding bug, here is more info about it (?).
Note this is for VLC Command line only bug.
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=105623

The reason I am trying to setup 2 XPLAY plugins is these stations keep
changing every 6 months ;) mplayer ( with your -tcp change) is better at
opening rtsp streams. VLC is better at m3u8.. This way I have Xplay as
is working now using mplayer ( and I have few stations on it).  For the
ones that need .m3u8 I would move them over to XplayV.

For example the same station 1, mplayer ( with tcp change) opens rtsp
stream, and VLC open the .m3u8 stream
http://stream.lebanese-forces.com/live/RLL/playlist.m3u8
rtsp://stream.lebanese-forces.com:1935/live/RLL/

But in the end, I am totally aware of your valuable time. If this is
work is for example going to the custom-types.conf and changing the two
names, then that is my hope. If it is involved, I think we are done, I
wasted so much of your valuable time already!! Many thanks!