results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102134
Question: Do you want to see the status bar on iPhone 5, 5s and iTouch
5G

- Yes, show me the status bar!
- No, I prefer to have the clean screen.
- I don't care

I think the problem here is that what you are looking for is a very
specific solution for a very specific setup you are using. This will
probably work for you and nobody else out there so putting this into
iPeng will probably not be the right place, I'd look into writing a
custom plugin or something like that.

philippe_44 wrote:

> I saw then that Sonos has an API to add streaming server application, so
> I was wondering if a PC running SqueezeLite could then be that bridge
> and create a stream that Sonos would then understand and replay.

No, that's not what this is. This is a way to integrate your music
service to their internet backend to be integrated in all Sonos
devices.

> I was even wondering if named pipes could work for a test (not pretty,
> just a test) where Squeezelite would output to a named pipe that would
> be played as a file by the Sonos player. I guess there will be some
> issue with file format as the pipe will probably not represent something
> meaninfull to Sonos, but I was just wondering ... otherwise,
> implementing a proper Squeezelite to Sonos stream would probably work

The problem is that you still would need to implement a FULL control of
the Sonos system, something that's not documented but needs to be
reverse engineered.
And it will work completely different from the Squeezebox system so will
be quite a separation between the two.

Seriously: pick one system and go with it. Integrating Sonos and
Squeezebox will just create a usability mess. IMHO.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*