max.spicer Wrote:
> This isn't right.  RandomMix adds songs whenever the current song
> finishes, but I've never noticed any delay from it as it's generally
> playing another song while it's doing it.  There should always be at
> least one song ahead of the current song in the playlist, so you should
> never notice gaps.  What have you got your random mix settings set to?
>
> Max

I had it set to 30 'upcoming songs' and <undefined> 'recently played
songs' initially. I think I had a defined 'recently played songs' when
I was experiencing the problem as well (not 100% positive though).
Might the <undefined> be causing a problem?

The "gap" seems to come not from NOT having a new song to go to, but
the processing of adding a new song to the playlist. It doesn't start
playing the next song on the playlist until it adds a new song to the
bottom of the (in the above case) 30 item list.

When I initially generate the Random Mix, there is about a 20 second
delay before it shows up and starts playing and then in between every
song, when it seems to be adding a new song to the end of the playlist,
there is another 20 second delay. If I click 'stop adding songs' the
delay disappears in between songs. The delay between songs was my
impetus for this thread. If there was no delay, I wouldn't care as much
about songs being added dynamically, but it was adversely affecting my
listening experience.

If you'd like me to try anything if there is something to troubleshoot,
let me know.

--G

Specs:
SlimServer Version: 6.2.0 - 4753 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252

Edit: Maybe I'm just underpowered?:
2.1Ghz AMD + 1.5 GB RAM

--
coldslabs