garym wrote:
>  I have balanced out (from transporter or Benchmark DAC) to balanced
> inputs to Preamp (and then balanced outputs from preamp to balanced
> input to Amp)

That is of course the ideal solution. It is a pity that audiophiles tend
to frown at the "pro" approach of using balanced connections, and
instead worry about if their cables have been cryogenically treated or
not...

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953