Jeff_G wrote:
> It is a risk buying something that is no longer in production and there
> is nobody who can repair it. But as my SB3 is still going strong, I'm
> taking the chance.
> I'm not entirely happy that the Transporter is going from California to
> Erlanger, KY, and then finally shipped to UK. When I sent my amplifier
> to the manufacturer for modification (in the UK), they wouldn't ship on
> Fridays so their goods are not hanging around depots over the weekend.

i think that applies to pretty much all electronics we buy these days. a
lot of stuff can't be fixed for the simple fact stuff goes out of
production. what we hope when we guy quality stuff is that it is build
for longevity, because no company on earth can guarantee they will keep
spare parts that long after they EOL a product.

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 12.04 + LMS 7.7.3 on VMware
Player
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- Creek Destiny Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->-
KEF LS50
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> MusicalFidelity
M1PWR -> Totem DreamCatcher