garym wrote:
> hmmm, I do play some mp4  so hate to change anything. Is this some sort
> of error the provider of the podcast has made with how they have labeled
> things on their end? Or something odd on the LMS side of things that
> this podcast happens to uncover?

I think it is a grey area - "application/octet-stream" is a generic MIME
type. I've seen it applied to most types of http traffic including txt ,
html, video as well as mp4 and mp3.

Not all MP4 stream use it just like not all MP3 podcast use it - I
suggest make the change and see what breaks.

As a general point you should use the XML feed for the podcasts
http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast?format=xml rather then
generic page just in case server deliver wrong format.  In the XML
podcast format - the files are tagged "audio/mpeg" which in LMS
types.conf is MP3 but I think server still adds MIEM
application/octet-stream so LMS still opts to assume  MP4.