Squeezemenicely wrote:
> I am still waiting for my Hifiberry Digi version and really wondering if
> I should substitute my Touch with it.
So long as you don't need the Touch display/control panel it won't make
any difference.  All you are using it for is to feed bits to your DAC.
Sound quality will be unchanged.

It's not really a question of "best"; it's a matter of "only".
Community solutions like this are all we now have and it's amazing to me
that with $75 in parts and a half-hour of effort Squeezebox remains as
viable a solution as anything the competition has to offer.  My sincere
thanks to everyone who has contributed to these projects particularly
piCorePlayer.

P.S. If you need S/PDIF output, a HummingBoard running Squeeze On Arch
is a cost-effective solution.